Review / Request Policy
The Reading Column is happily accepting book review requests from publishers and established authors. Please review the following statements to ensure mutual compatibility. Sound good? Great! Let’s discuss at readingcolumn[at]gmail[dot]com.
- I will consider review requests in the following fiction sub-genres: literary, women’s fiction, young adult, suspense / thriller (crime, forensic, legal, medical, police procedural, psychological), romance (chick-lit, contemporary) and science fiction (soft only).
- I accept physical ARC’s and iPad-compatible copies of books from publishers and authors.
- I do my best to review books in a timely manner but cannot guarantee a review of every book I receive.
- My reviews are my own and I highlight the positive points even if I did not like the book. Every book has its audience and I do not want to dissuade anyone from reading a book they may enjoy.
- I do my best to accommodate reviews requested by a specific date.
- I cross-promote on Instagram, Goodreads and Twitter.
- I disclose the source of books given to me in exchange for review.
I rate books on a standard 5-star rating system. If I can’t finish the book: DNF.