Review / Request Policy
The Reading Column is happily accepting book review requests from publishers and established authors. Please review the following statements to ensure mutual compatibility. Sound good? Great! Let’s discuss at readingcolumn[at]gmail[dot]com.
- I will consider review requests in the following fiction sub-genres: literary, women’s fiction, young adult, suspense / thriller (crime, forensic, legal, medical, police procedural, psychological), romance (chick-lit, contemporary) and science fiction (soft only).
- I accept physical ARC’s and iPad-compatible copies of books from publishers and authors.
- I do my best to review books in a timely manner but cannot guarantee a review of every book I receive.
- My reviews are entirely my own. I select books to read that I truly believe I will enjoy but not every book is for every audience. In the spirit of keeping my blog positive, I do not publish book reviews for books I absolutely do not like or DNF. I do share the good, the bad, and the ugly over on my Goodreads account.
- I cross-promote on Instagram, Goodreads and Twitter.
- I disclose the source of books given to me in exchange for review.
I no longer use a rating scale to rate books. A rating scale is too definitive and restrictive and book reviews are subjective in nature. Reviewers have their own opinion and the criteria between what constitutes a good book, a mediocre book and a bad book are personal conjecture, in my opinion.